Thu, 11 Jan|
ACTIVE LEADERS CONFERENCE (11th JAN)
County Leadership Conference for Y5/6 Pupils One of 4 Leadership Academy events for identified student leaders to develop their leadership skills to improve outcomes for young people back in their school settings.
Time & Location
11 Jan 2024, 09:30 – 14:00
Norwich, Sportspark University of East, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
About the Event
Active Leaders are a group of young people who lead the planning and delivery of sporting experiences, thus playing a fundamental role in helping develop the School Games in your school. Your school sport opportunities should be for all pupils in the school and therefore the Active Leaders should be fully inclusive – so everyone can take part in an activity they enjoy!
What should an Active Leaders be responsible for?
· Working with teachers and other pupils to organise intra-school competitions and school sport opportunities.
· Working with teachers to increase the 60 Active Minute offer in school.
· Promote the values of sport and role model to peers.
· Youth Voice- Organising a survey to find out what young people think of sport in their school.
Reporting back to fellow students at the end of the year on what improvements have been or are going to be made.
4 Workshops to be covered on the day;
1) Playground games activity
2) Health & Wellbeing
3) Running an INTRA school competition
4) Practical leadership skills
This booking is for a school place on the Leadership day Schools are able to make 1 booking per school only - with 10 pupils per booking£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out